Information For Employers
Staffing services costs vary based on several factors, including account volume, workers’ compensation costs, skill sets requested and availability of candidates. Our rate is determined by including the pay rate, payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and a service fee. PSU is committed to providing quality employees to your company at a competitive price.
Direct hire and professional placements fees are based on the percentage of the employee’s annual salary and is only owed if you hire our candidate. Contact your nearest PSU office for a quote.
1. Our search and recruitment efforts begin immediately.
2. We will get the details of the position from you, so we will send the most qualified applicants for your needs. This is the most important step to a successful hire, and it is imperative to take the time to thoroughly understand your needs.
3. We will then conduct a thorough search of our extensive database to identify potential candidates. If we do not have the ideal candidate already, we will initiate a proactive recruitment effort to find candidates that best match your needs.
4. You then have the option of interviewing our selected candidates for final selection.
5. New clients will be asked to complete a credit application and sign our client agreement detailing the scope of our services. We will then conduct a new client orientation to provide additional information on our services and policies.
The time frame for successfully finding an employee will vary based on our current employee pool and your specific needs. Many times, we have already recruited the ideal candidate who can start immediately. Other times we must recruit specifically for your needs and it will take longer. We are committed to sending you the most qualified applicants, so we recruit every day for the skill sets that are most requested.
Each candidate is given an in-depth interview to determine ability, dependability, work style, experience, skills, availability, and teamwork skills. Our goal is to determine three objectives in the interview:
- Can the candidate do the job?
- Do they have the desire to do the job?
- Will they fit into your organization?
After final selection, candidates are then skill tested, reference checked, E-Verified, drug screened, and background checked to your requirements.
A reference check is preformed on every applicant. This is based on the work history provided by the applicant from the past five (5) years or past three (3) employers.
Drug screen and criminal background checks will be completed on selected candidates, per your request.
PSU can provide these services and meet any other needs you might have for background or security checks.
We realize that not every job is a fit for every person, and sometimes that is not clear until the person is working.
Our temporary-to-hire program provides an opportunity for you to evaluate an employee in the work setting to determine if the employee is someone you want to hire. If you are not satisfied with an employee, we can replace them!
We offer an 8-hour guarantee for staffing placements and a 30-day replacement guarantee for direct hires.
PSU fills a wide variety of administrative/clerical, manufacturing/industrial, professional, IT and engineering positions. By having a broad base of applicants and extensive recruiting resources, we can meet your needs in most areas of your business. Please refer to the employers page for more info.
The old saying that “Time is Money” is so true! Today’s hiring managers rarely have the time to spend on recruitment. They are overwhelmed with operations and compliance issues and are very reactive when the organization needs additional staff. Many companies find that it is much more efficient and cost-effective to outsource the recruiting process and let a staffing firm handle the headaches of sourcing, screening and qualifying. Imagine the ease of having PSU present the ideal candidate with just a phone call!